Welcome to PORCH Raleigh!
As a member of PORCH communities, PORCH Raleigh shares the same objective of collecting and providing food for families in need through the efforts of its volunteers and participants.
PORCH Raleigh regularly collects food donations from Raleigh neighborhoods to support the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle’s BackPack Buddies program and school food pantries. Our goal is to expand across all Raleigh neighborhoods to sustain the BackPack Buddies program for our public schools.
How PORCH Works
PORCH is built around the very simple idea of a neighborhood food drive. Here’s how it works, in three easy steps:
- Once a month, on a designated day, residents place food donations of individual sized-portions on their front porch.
- A volunteer neighborhood coordinator goes porch to porch and picks up the food donations.
- The donated food is dropped off at the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle in Raleigh.
The three-step process is easy and it’s also fast. With the help of dedicated volunteers, all the food collected from the many neighborhood food drives moves from your porch to schools. From there, it goes to children struggling to get enough food to eat. Your donation makes a difference!
We collect in the following neighborhoods. If you don’t see your neighborhood listed, we would love to add you to our list. Email email@example.com to get started now!
- Avent West: Jana Saur
- Baybridge: Colleen Streetman
- Bedford at Falls River: Gretchen Adema
- Breckenridge: Arrin Dutton
- Byrum Woods: Joann Applegate
- Eastwinds at Pinecrest: Lisa Lawrence
- Fairview Acres: Jana Saur
- Glen Lake South: Trinnie O'Connor
- Harrington Grove: Leslie Rossner, Dylan Dodson
- New Forest: Amber Ross
- Oak Park: Tricia Wendel
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
- BackPack Buddies