PORCH Raleigh’s mission is to collect food donations from the porches of homes in the Raleigh area, and deliver them to food pantries, schools, and other non-profits in which support local hunger relief. In schools we support backpack buddies, which provide a discreet bag of free meals and snacks for the weekend to children at risk of hunger. Our goal is to expand across all Raleigh neighborhoods to sustain backpack buddies and food pantries for all local schools.
How PORCH Works
PORCH is a monthly neighborhood food drive. It works in three easy steps:
- Once a month, on a designated day, residents place non-perishable food donations on their front porch.
- A volunteer neighborhood coordinator collects the donations from each porch in their neighborhood.
- The donated food is dropped off at a collection site.
The three-step process is easy and fast. With the help of dedicated volunteers, all the food collected from the many neighborhood food drives moves from your porch to schools. From there, it goes to children struggling to get enough food to eat. Your donation makes a difference!
We collect in the following neighborhoods. If you don’t see your neighborhood listed, we would love to add you to our list. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started now!
- Avent West: Jana Saur
- Baybridge: Colleen Streetman
- Bedford at Falls River: Gretchen Adema
- Byrum Woods: Joann Applegate
- Eastwinds at Pinecrest: Lisa Lawrence
- Fairview Acres: Jana Saur
- Five Points: Melissa Ervin Cerqueira,
- Glen Lake South: Trinnie O'Connor
- Glenoe on Ferry: Haley Whitley
- Harrington Grove: Leslie Rossner, Dylan Dodson
- Lakemont: Susan Wolters
- Mt. Vernon Crossings: Maggie Brown,
- New Forest: Tricia Stillman,
- Oak Park: Tricia Wendel
- Old River Ridge: Sarah Cannady
- Silverthorne Drive: Maribeth Howlett
- Springdale: Colleen Streetman
- Stonehenge: Sunshine Watkins
- Summerfield North: Chelsea Brown
- Sussex Acres: Sharla Seidel
- Townes at Cheswick: Laurie Compiano
- Turnberry: Ryland Herring
- University Park: Liz Sri
- Westwind: Suzanne Tornvall-Sager
- Wynbrook: Noel Currin
- River Bend Middle School
- Servants for All