PORCH Raleigh’s mission is to collect food donations from the porches of homes in Raleigh neighborhoods to support BackPack Buddies programs and school food pantries. A BackPack Buddies program is one which provides a discreet bag of free meals and snacks for the weekend to children at risk of hunger. Our goal is to expand across all Raleigh neighborhoods to sustain the BackPack Buddies and food pantries for our schools.
How PORCH Works
PORCH is a monthly neighborhood food drive. It works in three easy steps:
- Once a month, on a designated day, residents place non-perishable food donations on their front porch.
- A volunteer neighborhood coordinator collects the donations from each porch in their neighborhood.
- The donated food is dropped off at a collection site.
The three-step process is easy and fast. With the help of dedicated volunteers, all the food collected from the many neighborhood food drives moves from your porch to schools. From there, it goes to children struggling to get enough food to eat. Your donation makes a difference!
We collect in the following neighborhoods. If you don’t see your neighborhood listed, we would love to add you to our list. Email email@example.com to get started now!
- Avent West: Jana Saur
- Baybridge: Colleen Streetman
- Bedford at Falls River: Gretchen Adema
- Byrum Woods: Joann Applegate
- Eastwinds at Pinecrest: Lisa Lawrence
- Fairview Acres: Jana Saur
- Five Points: Melissa Ervin Cerqueira,
- Glen Lake South: Trinnie O'Connor
- Harrington Grove: Leslie Rossner, Dylan Dodson
- New Forest: Amber Ross
- Oak Park: Tricia Wendel
- River Bend Middle School
- Servants for All